Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, University of Isfahan*
PhD Student in Sport Management, University of Tehran
The purpose of present study was to study the effect of organizational culture on professional ethics and job performance of physical education and sport sciences faculty members. This research according to the aim was applicable, according to the data collection was in field, and according to the kind was practical that was constructed based on structural equation modeling in Lisrel software. Society were all physical education and sport sciences faculty members (N=709) and sample number was determined by krejcie and morgan table equal to 256. For evaluation of organizational culture variable, Denison standard questionnaire (2000) including 12 elements and 60 questions, for evaluation of job performance variable, the standard questionnaire by Alirezae et al, (2013) including 2 elements and 23 questions and for evaluating professional ethics variable, the standard questionnaire by Cadozier and Brown (2004) including 8 elements and 16 questions were used. Validity of questionnaires, face and content, were approved by sport management professors and Cronbach’s alpha equal to 0.85 for organizational culture questionnaire, 0.81 for professional ethics questionnaire and 0.80 for job performance questionnaire show a desirable reliability of research instrument. Considering the final proposed structural model, organizational culture is significantly effective on professional ethics, coefficient of 1.13, and on job performance, coefficient of 0.96. Moreover, professional ethic has a significant effect on job performance of sport and physical training faculty members, coefficient of 0.87. Therefore, job performance of physical education and sport sciences faculty members can be improved by increasing organizational culture and professional ethics variables of them.
- Ahmed, R R., Warraich, U A., Khoso, I., Ahmad, N (2014). Impact of Stress on Job Performance: An Empirical study of the Employees of Private Sector Universities of Karachi, Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 4 (2): 104-108.
- Alirezaie, N., Masah, H., Akrami, N (2013). The correlation between Work consciousness and Job performance, journal of ethics in sciences and technology, 2: 3-11. (In Persian).
- Amaliyah, A., Eliyana, A., Kuntoro, B (2015). Influence of Organizational Culture and Leader Member Exchange to Affirmative Action Policy, Diversity and Employee Work Quality at Pt Pelabuhan Indonesia III. American International Journal of Social Science, 4 (2): 261-276.
- Andam, R., Montazeri, A., Abvisani, A (2015). relation between professional ethics, professional commitment and job performance in sport and youth organizations staff of Khorasan Razavi province, contemporary researches in sport management5 (10): 61-72. (In Persian).
- Asgarian, M., Taheri, F (2012). Organizational culture and its role in forming organizational citizenship behavior from professional’s point of view in education department, a novel way in education management, 3 (2): 21-34. (In Persian).
- Beikzad, J., Sadeghi, M., Ebrahimpour, D (2012). The effect of organizational factors on professional ethics development in staff, ethics in science and technology magazine, 7 (2): 1-9. (In Persian).
- Byrne Z S., Stoner J., Thompson K R., Hochwarter W (2005). The interactive effects of conscientiousness, work effort, and psychological climate on job performance, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 66: 326-338.
- Cardozier, V., Brown, R M (2002). The moral profession: A study of moral development and professional ethics of faculty, [Internet], [Cited 2002], Available from: www. Proquest, Com.
- Conway, J M (1999). Distinguishing contextual performance from task performance for managerial jobs, Journal of Applied Psychology, 84 (1): 3-13.
- Dehghan, M (2016), The relationship between Using Information Technology with Intrapreneurship and staffs’ Job Performance in youth and sport offices of Isfahan's province, Msc Dissertation, faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University Mobarakeh.
- Denison, D (2000). Organizational culture: can it be a key lever for driving organizational change, International institute for management development, Denison @ imd. Ch. 15: 348-372.
- Eskiler, E., Ekici, S., Soyer, F., Sari, I (2016). The Relationship between Organizational Culture and Innovative Work Behavior for Sports Services in Tourism Enterprises, Physical Culture and Sport. Studies and Research, 69 (1): 53-64
- Eskiler, E., Geri, S., Sertbas, K., Calik, F (2016). The Effects of Organizational Culture on Organizational Creativity and Innovativeness in the Sports Businesses, Anthropologist, 23 (3): 590-597.
- Ghahreman Tabrizi, K., Tondnevis, F., Amirtash, A., Kadivar, P (2005). Relation between organizational culture and creativity of physical training faculty members, sport science magazine, 6: 139-150. (In Persian).
- Ghanbari, S., Ardalan, M., Beheshtirad, R., Soltanzadeh, V (2015). Professional ethics of faculty members and its effect on quality of education in university, ethics in science and technology magazine, 10 (2): 39-49. (In Persian).
- Goshmard, R., Motamedi, N., Vahedparast, H (2011). Ideas of Bushehr medical university professors and students about characteristics of a good professor, education in medical science magazine, 11(1): 48-57. (In Persian).
- Hakim, A (2015). Effect of Organizational Culture, Organizational Commitment to Performance: Study in Hospital of District South Konawe of Southeast Sulawesi, the International Journal of Engineering and Science, 4 (5): 33-41.
- Hematian, A., Boroujeni, I N (2014). The relationship between professional ethics and ethical practice of professional coaches and players (football league in IRAN), International Journal of Sport Studies, 4 (11): 1345-1348.
- Hokmabadi, R., Fallah, H (2013). Characteristics of a good professors from students point of view in Hygiene university of North Khorasan medical school, education development in medical sciences magazine, 6 (10): 22-29. (In Persian).
- Mazloomi, S., Rahai, Z., Ahrampoosh, M., Soltani, T (2010). Characteristics of a competent professor from students' point of view in Yazd medical university- 1387, Hormozgan medical magazine, 14 (3): 226-233. (In Persian).
- Meriac, J P (2015). Examining relationships among work ethic, academic motivation and performance, Educational Psychology, 35 (5): 523-540.
- Mohajeran, B., Shohoodi, M (2014). Modeling the relation between professional ethics and spirituality in work and social responsibility among nurses of public hospitals in Kermanshah, nursing management magazine3 (2): 20-29. (In Persian).
- Mohamad, M., Jais, J (2016). Emotional Intelligence and Job Performance: A Study among Malaysian Teachers, Procedia Economics and Finance, 35: 674 – 682.
- Mohebzadegan, Y., Pardakhtchi, M., Ghahremani, M., ferasatkhah, M (2013). Editing a model for self-esteem in faculty members by data-based hypothesis approach, research and planning in university magazine, 70: 1-25. (In Persian).
- Naseri, Z., Malek mohamadi, M., Mazidi, A (2015). Mediating role of organizational citizenship behaviors in relation between conceived organizational support and job performance, social and organizational management, 4 (21): 36-43. (In Persian).
- Nasiri, F., Ghanbari, S., Niknami, M., Akhondi, M (2012). Relation between organizational culture and conceived abilities of managers of Hamedan high schools, a novel way in educational management, 3 (1): 1-20. (In Persian).
- Nasrabadi, A., Soleimani, M (2013). Role of organizational culture in improving professional ethics in organizations, cultural management, 21: 87-102. (In Persian).
- Nazerian, S H., Rahim, G H., Soltani, I., Nazerian, I (2015).Examine the relationship between organizational culture and professional ethics among employees of the city clubs of Isfahan, Academie Royale Des Sciences D Outre-Mer Bulletin Des Seances, 4 (3): 171-176.
- Niaz Azari, K., Enayati, T., Behnamfar, R., Kahroodi, Z (2014). Relation between professional ethics and organizational commitment, Iran medical university nursing care research center (Iran nursing magazine), 27 (87): 34-42. (In Persian).
- Omidi, A., Tondnevis, F., Mozaffari, A (2012). Relation of organizational culture and knowledge management effectiveness and organizational effectiveness in some Iranian sport organizations, research in sport management and motion behavior, 2 (4): 1-18. (In Persian).
- Peyman, H., Zarian, A., Sadeghifar, J., Alizadeh, M., Yaghubi, M., Yamani, N., Rostami, A., Delpisheh, A (2010). Characteristics of a Capable University Teacher from the Students' Point of View, Iranian Journal of Medical Education, 10 (5): 1131-1139. (In Persian).
- Prakash Tripathi, S (2014). Impact of Work Ethics on Organizational Commitment and Employee Satisfaction at HDFC Bank Indore India, Global Journal for Research Analysis, 3 (5): 1-5.
- Rahim Nia, F., Ali Zade, M (2010). Evaluation of cultural organization according to Denison model from viewpoint of university of Ferdowsi’s faculty member, sociological and pedagogy studies, 10 (1): 148-170.
- Rahimi, H., Aghababaei, R (2013). Relation of organizational culture and professional ethics, faculty members of Kashan university, education strategies in medical sciences, 6 (2), 61-67. (In Persian).
- Razavi, A (2015). Evaluation of professional ethics in educational departments’ managers of University of Shahid Chamran, Msc Dissertation, University of Shahid Chamran.
- Rezaei Soufi, M (2014). Relation between organizational culture and creativity and productivity of physical training faculty members of Payam noor universities. Applicable researches in sport management, 3 (2): 85-94. (In Persian).
- Saki, R., Osare, A., Shabani, R (2015). investigating the relationship between professional ethics among managers and evolutionary leadership and job performance of teachers in high schools of Malard, leadership and educational management magazine, 9 (1): 27-50. (In Persian).
- Salajeghe, A., Safari, S (2015). Relation between professional ethics and professors performances, ethics in science and technology magazine, 10 (3): 103-110. (In Persian).
- Shabankareh, N., Madani, N., Shiralizadeh, W (2015). The Relationship between Organizational Culture and Employee Succession Planning in Keshavarzi Bank Branches in Tehran, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 5 (4): 245-257.
- Sharifzade, F., Baziar, A., Tirjoo, A (2013). Effect of organizational culture and professional ethics on organizational effectiveness, governmental organizations management magazine, 2 (1): 7-28. (In Persian).
- Soltanzadeh, V., Amrahi, A., Esmhoseini, G (2014). Condition of professional ethics standards in faculty members from nursing student’s point of view, educational strategies in medical sciences, 7 (1): 19-23. (In Persian).
- Yousefzade, S., Mehdad, A., Mehdizadegan, I (2011). Comparison of organizational commitment, job attachment and performance of faculty members, novel findings in psychology, 5 (2): 109-118. (In Persian).