Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, University of Tabriz
M. Sc of Sport Management, Islamic Azad University, Sardrood Branch
M. Sc of Sport Management, University of Tabriz
The present study aimed to investigate the of sport participation motivation on academic achievement through the mediation of vitality and freshness of boy students of secondary school in Bonab city. This study is based on objective, Practical research and based on method was Survey - correlational that form scrolling was conducted. The study population consisted of all boy students in secondary schools of Bonab City people. According to Morgan table and stratified random sampling method 338 students were selected as research sample. In this study, three standard questionnaires including sports motivation participation, vitality and happiness and academic achievement were used. The validity and reliability of all questionnaires were confirmed. Kolmogorov-Smirnov and regression by using SPSS software were used. The results showed that there is a significant positive correlation between sports participation motivation and physical and mental happiness (P=0.01، r=0.66). The results showed that among the components of the motivation for sport participation such as success, team-oriented, energy depletion, improvement of skills, making friends, recreation there is a significant correlation with happiness, but the happiness preparedness and situational factors affect students significantly. Also, the results showed that there is a significant relationship between physical and mental happiness and academic achievement (P=0.01، r=0.52). Finally, the sports participation rate of 52 percent ability to predict the mental and physical happiness of students and happiness also a factor of 39 percent is the ability to predict student achievement. Therefore, it is suggested that officials school sports Appropriate to make fields for sporting activities; next to it provide bring happiness and exhilaration, academic achievement and students’ academic success.
- Alavizadeh. K. (2002). Explores the relationship between happiness and general health. The unpublished MA thesis, psychology Faculty of Psychology, University Branch. (Persian)
- Callaghan. P. (2004). Exercise: a neglected intervention in mental health care? J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, 11(4): 476-83.
- Carusoa. R (2010). Crime and sport participation: Evidence from Italian regions over the period 1997–2003, Journal of Socio-Economics.
- Chen, J. (2011). International Conference on Physics Science and Technology: Physics Procedia (22). PP: 610- 15.
- Sadat Emami. S, Heidarinejad. S, Shafi Nia. P. (2014). Analysis of motivational factors of student participation in extra-curricular activities Sports University, Research on college sports, 5:65-80.
- Eskandari. M. (2007). Guide to modern teaching methods. Publication approach. First Edition.
- Farahani. A, farmer. L, Jadidian. S. (2012). The effect of exercise in the morning academic progress city of Sabzevar, management of sport and movement science, the first year, No. 1: 15-26. (Persian)
- Faulkner. G, Carless. D. (2006). Physical activity in the process of psychiatric rehabilitation: theoretical and methodological issues. Psychiatr Rehabil J, 29(4): 258-66.
- Gauvin. L, Spence. JC. (1996). Physical activity and psychological well-being: knowledge base. Nutrition Reviews, 54 (4): 53-65.
- Gholami. S, Chari. M. H. (2011). Prediction happy students according to their perceptions of teacher expectations, teacher interaction and self-efficacy. Journal of Teaching and Learning,3(1):83-109. (Persian)
- Hashemi Rekavand. M. (1998). Proved to emerge. Education publishing the second period, 23. (Persian)
- Jafari Moghadam. S. (2006). An anthology of ideas management, Publishing Management Research and Training Institute. First Edition. (Persian)
- Jafari. P, Talebzade. F. (2010). A model for happiness and joy in primary schools in Tehran, Journal of Educational Leadership and Management, Islamic Azad University Garmsar Branch, 4: 22-9. (Persian)
- Karimi. J. (2006). Personality psychology. PNU of Tehran. (Persian)
- Keshavarz. M, Vafaian A. (2008). Factors affecting the level of happiness. Journal of Applied Psychology, 5:75. (Persian)
- Kian. M. (2016). Leisure time students and its relationship with gender (Case Study: University of al-Khwarizmi), research, teaching and learning, the twenty-second year, New Era, 6: 151-64. (Persian)
- Kozma. R. (2005). Monitoring and evaluation of the impact of information, communications technologies for education: A review In D. Wagner (Ed.) Monitoring and Evaluation for ICTs in Education: A Handbook for Developing Countries. Washington, DC: infoDev, World Bank.
- Kraft. M. (2008). Delegation von Preiskompetenzan den Verkaufsaußendienst، eineempirische Analyse ausgewählter Determinanten und Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten, Wiesbaden. 36. (Persian)
- Lavasani. GH, Keivanzadeh. M, Keivanzadeh, H. (2006). The relationship of academic, achievement motivation, emotional intelligence and variables under the academic achievement of students, Journal of Psychology and Educational Sciences, the year 37 CE, 1: 99 -123. (Persian)
- Mahon, N. E. Yarcheski، A. and Yarcheski، T. J. (2010). Happiness as Related to Gender and Health in Early Adolescents. By Sage publications. 2 (14), 175-90.
- Nabizadeh. M. (2008). Evaluation of student participation in sports-entertainment province nonprofit universities, master's thesis, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of North. (Persian)
- Nemati. M. (2008). The effect of happiness training on the academic achievement of high school students counseling psychology master's thesis, - girls Sari Islamic Azad University Branch 86-1385 academic year. (Persian)
- Niaz Azeri. K. (2012). Effect of freshness and vitality in academic achievement of high school students in the city of Sari, Educational Planning Studies, 3: 35-57. (Persian)
- Owhadi. M, Mazahery. H, moafi. M. (2013), Validation curriculum guides, teaching manners and life skills, Journal of Educational Innovations. No. 44, 11:165-86. (Persian)
- Peyrovy. AA (2004). The effect on the morale and motivation of students’ academic high school morning workout Region 2 Tehran, University of Tehran. (Persian)
- Peyrovy. AA (2004). Morning exercise influence on the morale and motivation of high school students academic Region 2 Tehran, Tehran University.
- Rydeen. J, E. (2008). Happy school=success, FAIA, architect/ facility planning specialist and former president of Armstrong, Torseth, Skold & Rydeen, Inc. (ATS&R), Minneapolis. Dec. 1.
- Sabaghyan. Z. (2005). School to enhance the vitality and life expectancy, the journal Transplantation, 309: 310-1. (Persian)
- Salami. F, Haj Myrftah. F, Noroozian. M. (2002), Described the barriers for women in sport, Tehran: Institute of Physical Education, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. (Persian)
- Salesi. M, Jokar. B. (2012), The effect of exercise on Happiness of Postmenopausal Female, Elder (Iranian elderly people Journal), 6(20): 7-14. (Persian)
- Sarisaraf. V, Alavinamvar. P, Hoseininasab. D, Koshafar A, A (2002). Survey on the relationship between happiness and personality in female athlete and non-athlete students of Tabriz University. Research on Sports Science, 3(4):95-110. (Persian)
- Seligman, M. P. (1990). Learned Optimism ، New York: Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., p. 101, ISBN 0-394-57915-1.
- Shabani Bahar. Gh, M. (2011), The status of physical education and sports in the educational system Bu-Ali Sina, Ibn Sina International Conference: 2.
- Shokouhi Mogaddam. S, Zivary. R, Mahmoud Lesani, M. (2011). The role of sport in mental health and happiness high school students in Kerman, Journal of Health Psychology, 1(3): 61-80. (Persian)
- Sirard J R, Karin A. Pfeiffer, R P. (2006). Motivational factors associated with sports program participation in middle school students: Journal of Adolescent Health. 3 :696–703.
- Tabar. N. (2002), Review of activities aimed at students in middle and high school physical education classes Rasht. MA thesis, University of Guilan. (Persian)
- Wolk. S. (2008). Joy in School. The Positive Class rooms. A. S. C. D. 1(66): 8-15.
- Yadegarzadeh, G. (2011), The vitality student academic achievement, educational research and innovation, 4(26). (Persian)
- Zarei Matin.H, Zahrani. A, Hagh gooyan. Z. (2009), The role of universities in building the factors of happiness, culture in the Islamic University, 2 (13). (Persian)