Document Type : Research Paper
M.Sc. of Sports Management, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
Associate Professor of Sports Management, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
This paper aimed to identify and prioritize the influential factors on promotion of sport for all in the dormitories. The research was a survey based, applied research in regard to its method and purpose, respectively. The statistical group consists of students residing in the dormitories of eight southern east national universities of Iran (N=16227), of whom the number of 368 individuals comprise the statistical sample were male and 375 of them were female. Sampling was conducted via the stratified convenience method. The research tool was a questionnaire devised by the authors, for which its validity was evaluated by factor analysis and its reliability with Cronbach’s Alpha of (∝=0.89). For data analysis, the one sample T-test and hierarchical analysis methods were used. The findings indicated that all of the identified factors significantly influenced the promotion of sport for all in the student’s dormitories. Prioritization of the factors conducted through the AHP (Analytic Hierarchy process) method for males were respectively: the structural factor, time, management, individual and cultural and for females were respectively: the structural factor, management, and time, cultural and individual. According to the obtained results of the research, it can be concluded that by planning and concentrating on the influential factors on the promotion of sport for all in student’s dormitories, a proper environment for more enthusiastic attitudes of the students towards sport for all can be achieved.
- Afarinesh khaki, A., Tondnevis, F., & Mozafari, S. A. M. (2005). Compare the views of faculty members, athletes and administrators on how to develop sport for all. Movement Science Journal, (10)5, 1-22. (Persian)
- Andam, R., & Mehdi zade, R. (2014). Development strategies of sport for all in Iranian universities. Journal of Sport Management Studies, (22)6, 15-38. (Persian)
- Asadi, H. (2002). Needs assessment and attitude of students toward physical education and sports activities of universities and Higher education institutions. Master’s thesis. Physical education and sport Sciences College, Tehran University. (Persian)
- Asihel, S. G. (2005). Perceptions of constraints to recreational sports participation: A case study of the University of the Western Cape (UWC) undergraduate female students. Unpublished master's thesis. University of the Western Cape (UWC), South Africa.
- Atqya, N. (1999). Training needs assessment for working women in the university, and offer practical solutions. Movement Science Journal, (11)6, 79-96. (Persian)
- Azizi, B. (2010). The attitudes of students living in dormitories of Tehran University on sport for all. Sport Management Journal, (8)3, 75-91. (Persian)
- Kissing, D. B., & Miller, M. T. (2007). Profile of community college athletics in select sport. Community College Enterprise, (13)2, 51-60.
- Development plan of sport activities, especially universities (dormitory, sport, happiness, health), fall 2013. (Persian)
- Ehsani, M., Koozechian, H., & Kashkar, S. (2007). Review and analysis of barriers and the participation of women in Tehran in recreational sports activities. Research of Journal in sport sciences, (17)5, 63-87. (Persian)
- El-Gilany, A., Badawi, K., El-Khawaga, G., & Awadalla, N. (2011). Physical activity profile of students in Mansoura University, Egypt. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, (17)8, 694-702.
- Farajolahi, N. (1994). The status of physical education in spending leisure time of Tehran university female students. Master’s thesis. Physical education and sport Sciences College, Tehran University. (Persian)
- Ghafouri, f. (2007). The study of types of sport for all and good entertainment for community and presentation a model for future planning of research projects. The ministry of sport and youth, Iran. (Persian)
- Gomez, L. M., Gallegos, AG. & Extremer, AB. (2010). Perceived barriers by university students in the practice of physical activities. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, (9)1, 374 – 81.
- Gyurcsik, N. C., Spink, K. S., Bray, S. R., Chad, K., & Kwan, M. (2007). An ecologically based examination of barriers to physical activity in students from grade seven through first-year University. Journal of Adolescent Health, 38, 704–11.
- Iain, K., Crombie, L. I., Brain, W., Alisson, M., Ginnis, P., Sloane, W., & et al, (2006). Why older people do not participate is leisure time physical activity. A survey of activity levels, beliefs and deterrents, (33)1, 287 –92.
- Ibrahim, S., Karim, A., Own, L. N., Ngai, W. Z. (2013). Perceived physical activity barriers related to body weight status and sociodemographic factors among Malaysian men in Clang Valley. BMC public health, 13, 275.
- Khorami khoram abady, G. R. (2009). Study of barriers and effective factors on participation of selected Mashhad universities students in sport for all programs. Master’s thesis. Physical education and sport Sciences College, Payam Noor University. (Persian)
- Military comprehensive strategic document of country’s physical education and sport development (2003). Detailed studies of the development of recreational and public sport, Rod System Company.
- Momtaz Bakhsh, M., Fakour, Y. (2007). Discuss strategies to promote and develop women’s sport fall all of military science university. Disciplinary knowledge, (9)2, 53-62. (Persian)
- Monazami, M., Alam, s., & shetab Boushehri, s. N. (2011). Determining effective factors on development of physical education and women sport of Islamic Republic of Iran. Sport Management Journal, (10)3, 15-168. (Persian)
- Mozafari, A. A., & Ghare, M. A. (2005). The status of Iran’s sport for all and compare it with a few selected countries of the world. Science Motion Journal, (6)1, 1-14. (Persian)
- Newby, P. K., Muller, D., Hallfrisch, J., Qiao, N., Andres, R., & Tucker, K. L. (2003). Dietary patterns and changes in body mass index and waist circumference in adults. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 77(6), 25-1417.
- Nielsen, A. C. (2002). Sport for all, opening doors to everyone, Australian Sports Commission.
- Piraste, A., Johari, Z., Zafarghandi, n., & kheldi, N. (2012). Effective environment factors on physical activity and health promotion of medical students living in dorms according to cognitive- social theory. Scientific- Research Journal of Alborz Universities of Medical Sciences, (3)1, 159-65. (Persian)
- Ramezankhani, A., Matlabi, g. M., Tavasoli, E., Babayee, A., & Gharly poor, Z. (2013). The study of knowledge, attitude and performance of students living in Medical sciences university of Shahid Beheshti’s dormitories about physical activity in 2012. Scientific- Research Journal of Health Education and Health Promotion, (1)1, 13-20. (Persian)
- Sabagh langaroudi, M. (1998). The way Isfahan University’s male students spending leisure time with an emphasis on sport activities. Movement Journal, (5)1, 1-14. (Persian)
- Safavi zade, s. A. (2008). The attitude of male and female students of Amir Kabir Technology University on how to implement general physical education units 1 and 2 in the academic year 2000-2001. Master’s thesis. Physical Education College, Tehran University. (Persian)
- Samouyee, R., Moslehi, M., Heydari, M., & Toghyani, Z. (2011). Management of happiness in dormitories students of Isfahan medical sciences university. Special issue for promotion of health education and promotion Journal of Medical Education, 11(9), 1057-62. (Persian)
- Taghavi takyar, S. O. (2006). Study of socio-economic status and motivations of participants in sport for all. Master’s thesis, physical education and sport Sciences College, Gilan University. (Persian)
- Tatar, F. M. (2009). Perceived barrier to physical activity among IIUM students: self-efficacy as mediator. Unpublished master’s thesis. International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia.
- World Health Organization. Chronic diseases are the major cause of death and disability worldwide Available from: http//www.who.int/chp/chronic disease report/media/factsheet/pdf
- Zahedi, N. (2011). Compare and prioritize strategies of sport for all development from the perspective of managers and experts. Master’s thesis. Physical education and sport Sciences College, North University. (Persian)
- Ziebland, S., Thurgood, M., Yadkin, P., Jones, J., & Coulter, A. (1998). Lack of Willpower or Lack of Wherewithal? ‘Internal’ and ‘External’ Barriers to Changing Exercise in a Three-Year Follow-up of Participants in a Health Check. Journal of Social Science and Medicine, 46(4), 65-461.