Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, University of Ferdowsi Mashhad
Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Meybod University, Meybod, Iran
Associate Professor, Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Shahid Beheshti
Ph.D Physical Education and Sports Science
ranking of university sports teams participating in Olympiad games done based on total earned scores, but should be noted that to achieve competition outputs (the total number of scores won in the tournament) are possible only in the context of utilization of inputs and using appropriate processes and for precise, regular and targeted evaluation, smaller inputs should be included along with more outputs in the evaluation models. In this research, we try to evaluate the performance of sports teams participating in the 13th Olympiad culture and sport in Iran by using one of the nonparametric methods of operations research called Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The model in the paper considers two input (population of a university student and head-money of universities) and two outputs (sum of sports team score and number of university athletes) with different weight and importance for performance assessment. The results of this model for boys sports teams showed that of the 24 universities participating in the Olympiad games, 10 universities get maximum Efficiency also The results of this model for girls sports teams showed that of the 23 universities participating in the Olympiad games, 8 universities get maximum Efficiency.
- Andersen, P., & Petersen, N. C. (1993). A procedure for ranking efficient units in DEA. Management Science, 39, 1261-1264.
- Askariyan, F., Jafari, A., & Fakhri, F. (2015). Influential factors on athletic performance in Iran. Sports Management Studies, 7(29), 37-50. (Persian).
- Azar, A., Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., & Emrouznejad, A. (2016). A new fuzzy additive model for determining the common set of weights in Data Envelopment Analysis. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 30(1), 61-69.
- Azar, A., Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., Moghbel Baerz, A., & Khadivar, A. (2014). Evaluating branches productivity of bank by using network data envelopment analysis approach. Journal of Monetary and Banking Researches, 7(20), 285-305. (Persian).
- Charnes, A., Cooper, W. W., & Rhodes, E. (1978). Measuring the efficiency of decision making units. European Journal of Operational Research, 2, 429-444.
- Eydi, H., Abbasi, H., Nazari, F., Eydipour, K., & Souri, A. (2014). Evaluation and analysis of Iranian athletes performance in the summer Olympics Games (London 1948-2012). Practical Research in Sports Management, 2(8), 91-102. (Persian).
- Eydi, H., & Asgari, A. (2014). Appraisal and analyze of Iran performance in the Asian games compared with other competitors organizational behavior. Management in Sport Studies, 1(1), 73-84. (Persian).
- Khodayari, A., amirtash, A. M., & Mozafari, A. M. (2009). The application of data envelopment analysis method to determine productivity and to rank faculties and departments of physical education and sport sciences. Journal of Sport Management, 1(2), 117-248.
- Nevill, A., Atkinnson, G., & Hughes, M. (2008). Twenty-five years of sport performance research in the Journal of Sports Sciences. Journal of Sports Sciences, 26, 413-426.
- Nezad Sajjadi, S. A., & Soleimani, J. (2014). Identify and prioritize the criteria of performance evaluation of Iranian sport federation form expert point of view sing the AHP model. Sports Management Studies, 6(23), 179-192. (Persian).
- Pierce, J. (1996). Efficiency progress in the new south wale government. Available at: www.treesury.nsw.gov.edu (Accessed, 9 April 2017).
- Shabanibahar, Gh. R., & Parsaju, A. (2014). Reviewing and optimizing the performance evaluation indicators of athletic boards of hamedan province. Contemporary Study of Sport Management, 3(6), 39-47. (Persian).
- Skandari Dastgiri, S., Amirtash, A. M., & Safania, A. M. (2018). Performance measurement of selected Iranian sport federations using data envelopment analysis by an approach to fuzzy systems, 5(19), 23-36.
- Soós, I., Flores Martínez, J. C., & Szabo, A. (2017). Before the Rio games: A retrospective evaluation of the effects of the population size, GDP and national temperature on winning medals at the 2012 London Olympic Games. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 12(1), 246-250.
- Soleimani, D., Hamidi, M., & Sajjadi, N. (2014). Performance evaluating of Iranian football primer League by marging DEA with AHP. Sport Management Studies, 22, 105-126.
- Tahari Mehrjardi, M. H., Zanjirchi, S. M., Babaei, H., & Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M. (2012). Extension a nonparametric model for measuring the performance of participating nations at the Olympic Games. Journal of Sport Management, 4(14). 177-196. (Persian).
- Tone, K., & Tsutsui, M. (2014). Dynamic DEA with network structure: A slacks-based measureapproach. Omega, 42, 124-131.
- Vahdani, M., Paimozd, M., & Rezasoltani, N. (2016). The relationship between sport motivation and athletic burnout in male soccer players participating in the 12th universiade. Journal of Sport Management, 8(2), 251-264. (Persian).
- Witzel, M. (2002). A short history of efficiency. Business Strategy Review, 13, 38-47.
- Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., (2018). New models in data envelopment analysis (DEA). Yazd University Publishing. (Persian)
- Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., (2016). Multilevel measuring of efficiency in banking industry (Network slacks-based measure approach). Journal of Industrial Management, 8(3), 359-380. (Persian).
- Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., Azar, A., & Emrouznejad, A., (2018). A novel multilevel network slacks-based measure with an application in electric utility companies. Energy, 158, 1120-1129.
- Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., Tahari Mehrjardi, M. H., & Mahdavian, A. (2014). Evaluation of R & D activities in Iran: Data envelopment analysis approach. Journal of Industrial Management, 6(1), 55-74. (Persian).
- Zarei Mahmoudabadi, M., Tahari Mehrjardi, M. H., & Mohebbi, H. (2013). Presentation a new model for measuring the performance of participating nations at the international game. Journal of Sport Management Review, 5(17), 105-124. (Persian).
- Zhang, D., Li, X., Meng, W., & Liu, W. (2009). Measuring the performance of nations at the Olympic Games using DEA models with different preferences. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 60, 983-990.