Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Associate Professor of Sport Management, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
The purpose of this research was investigating the impact between the perceived quality of television broadcasting and the dependence of viewers on the television on the intention to attend the football stadium. This research is a correlation type based on structural equation modeling that was done by field method. The statistical population was sport sciences male students of selected universities in Tehran and Alborz provinces, who watched television play of Esteghlal of Tehran- Tractor Sazi of Tabriz from the Premier League series held at Azadi Stadium. In order to determine the number of sample size in the structural equation modeling, with the consideration of 5 to 15 questionnaires for each variable, the researcher collected 225 correct questionnaires. The research tool was based on theoretical studies and recent research in the form of a questionnaire of 15 questions was designed. For visual and content validity, a questionnaire was designed for the ten sport marketing experts and sports management professors and the final version was corrected by correcting and removing defects and ambiguities. The initial reliability of the research instrument was determined by a pilot study and the structural validity of the instrument confirmed by the output of the statistical software. The results showed that the effect of perceived quality of watching live broadcast play and television dependency is effective on the decision to attend the audience in the stadium. The Organizers of sporting events should pay attention to the factors that increase the perceived quality of television broadcasting to TV viewers.
- Arabnarmi, B., Goodarzi, M., Sjjadi, S., N., & Khabiri, M. (2017). TV and public sport development: A grounded theory. Sport Management Studies, 8(40), 17-38. (Persian).
- Buhler, A., & Nufer, G. (2010). Relationship marketing in sports. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Connelly, B.L., Certo, S.T., Ireland, R.D. and Reutzel, C.R. (2011), “Signaling theory: a review and assessment”, Journal of Management, 37(1), 39-67.
Cortés, G. L. (2017). The influence of symbolic consumption on experience value and the use of virtual social networks. Spanish Journal of Marketing – ESIC, 21(1), 39-51.
- Dawar, N., & Parker, P. (1994). Marketing universals: Consumers' use of brand name, price, physical appearance, and retailer reputation as signals of product quality. Journal of Marketing, 58(2), 81-95.
- Dittmore, S. W., & Hutchins, B. (2016). Privilege over Innovation: Sports broadcasting, mobile television, and the case of Aereo. Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, 27, 3-18.
- Doganoglu, T. (2010). Switching costs, experience goods and dynamic price competition. Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 8(2), 167-205.
- Fujak, H., Frawley, S., & Bush, S. (2017). Quantifying the value of sport broadcast rights. Media International Australia, 164(1), 1–13.
- Hayes, A. F., & Preacher, K. J. (2013). Statistical mediation analysis with a multi categorical independent variable. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 64(3), 451-470.
- Hooman, H. A. (2016). Structural equation modeling using laser software (with corrections). Tehran: Organization for the Study and Compilation of Humanities Books of Universities (SAMT). (Persian).
- Howard, D. R., & Crompton, J. L. (2013). Financial sport (3rd Ed.). : Fit Publishing, Morgantown, WV.
- Ide, J. K., Parkerson, J., Haertel, G. D., & Walberg, H. J. (1981). Peer group influence on educational outcomes: A quantitative synthesis. Journal of Educational Psychology, 73(4), 472-484.
- Ioannou, P., & Bakirtoglou, P. (2016). The relationship between stadium factors on spectators’ satisfaction in Greek Soccer Super League. Journal of Human Sport & Exercise, 11(4), 437-514.
- Jalali Farahani, M., & Ali Doust Qahfarokhi, I. (2013). Analysis of obstacles to the realization of the right to broadcast television in professional sport of Iran. Physiology and Management Studies in Sports, (13), 47-59. (Persian).
- Jeong-Yoo, K., & Nathan, B. (2017). Reexamining the Schmalensee effect. Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, 14(5), 1-12.
- Kim, H., LaVetter, D. and Lee, J. (2006), “The influence of service quality factors on customersatisfaction and repurchase intention in the Korean professional basketball league”,International Journal of Applied Sports Sciences, Vol. 18 No. 1, pp. 39-58.
- Kirmani, A., & Rao, A. R. (2000). No pain, no gain: A critical review of the literature on signaling unobservable product quality. Journal of Marketing, 64(2), 66-79.
- Lee, K.J. (2015), “Suwon and Seoul introduced sponsorship banner covered second floor of their home”, Chosun Media, April 17, available at: http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/04/17/20 15041702374.html
- Mavlanova, T., Benbunan-Fich, R., & Koufaris, M. (2012). Signaling theory and information asymmetry in online commerce. Information & Management, 49(5), 240-247.
- Moghadas, M., Hamidi, M., & Jafari, A. (2014). Comparison of the views of specialists, managers and heroes about the role of television broadcasting sports events in the development of championship sport. Communication Management in Sports Media, 1(4), 24-31. (Persian).
- Nelson, P. (1970). Information and consumer behavior. The Journal of Political Economy, 78(2), 311-329.
- Oh, T., Sung, H., & Kwon, K. D. (2017). Effect of the stadium occupancy rate
on perceived game quality and visit intention. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 18(2), 166-179.
- Park, H. M., & Manchanda, P. (2015). When harry met with sally: An empirical analysis of multiple peer effects in casino gambling behavior. Marketing Science, 34(2), 179-194.
- Rezaei, Sh., Amiri, M., & Kouzechian, H. (2016). Examining the obstacles to the development of mutual relations between football clubs and the IRIB in Iran. Sports Management, 31, 189-206. (Persian).
- Rui, B., Abel, C., Masayuki, Y., Antonio, R., & Joao, M. (2013). The role of service quality and ticket pricing on satisfaction and behavioral intention within professional Football. International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship, 14(4), 88-100.
- Shonk, D., Pate, J., Lee, C., & Bosley, A. (2017). Examining the psychological commitment and motivation for attending a non-ticketed event: A case study of ESPN’s college game day. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, (10), 147-161.
- Theodorakis, N., Kambitsis, C., & Laios, A. (2001). Relationship between measures of service quality and satisfaction of spectators in professional sports. Managing Service Quality, 11(6), 431-438.
- Wallace, L., Wilson, J., & Miloch, K. (2011). Sporting facebook: A content analysis of NCAA organizational sport pages and Big 12 conference athletic department pages. International Journal of Sport Communication, 4(4), 422-444.
- Wann, D. L., Grieve, F. G., Zapalac, R. K., & Pease, D. G. (2008). Motivational profiles of sport fans of different sports. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 17(1), 6-19.
- Yang, Z., Wang, J., & Mourali, M. (2014). Effect of peer influence on unauthorized music downloading and sharing: The moderating role of self-construal. Journal of Business Research, 68(3), 516-525.