Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Ph.D Student in Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Master of Sport Management, Payame Noor University of Tehran
The purpose of this study was to Analysis of the relationship model of identity, originality, love and social power of brand sports students' Olympiads. The research method was descriptive-correlational. The statistical population of this study was comprised of all athlete students participating in the 14th female sports student Olympiad in 2000 people that sample was randomly selected using a Morgan table of 320 students. The research instrument consisted of Brand Identity Questionnaire Mill and Eforosh (1992), Love Brand Alberta (2010) Brand Authenticity Cadiroo (2010) and Crisson Colleagues Power Affair Questionnaire (2009). The validity of the questionnaires was confirmed by 10 sports experts and their reliability was in a preliminary test with 30 subjects and with Cronbach's alpha for Brand Identity Questionnaire (0.79), brand love (0.84), Brand Authenticity (0.94) And brand social power (0.80). To analyze the results of the data, Kolmogorov-Smirnov tests and structural equations were used with SPSS, Amos version 22. The results of the research showed that brand identity and brand Authenticity have a significant effect on brand Love and strength of Sports Olympiad. Hence, building a strong brand creates intense emotions and increases its social power.
- Aaker, D. (1996). “Measuring Brand Equity across Products and Markets”. California ManagementReview, 38,102–20.
- Ahuvia, A.C. (2005). Beyond the Extended self: Loved Objects and Consumers’ Identity Narratives. Journal of Consumer Research, 32, 171-184.
- Albert, N.; Merunka, D. and Valette-Florence, P. (2013). Brand passion: Antecedents and consequences, Journal of Business Research, 7(66), 904–909.
- Alwitt, L. F., & Pitts, R. E. (2013). Predicting Purchase Intentions for an Environmentally Sensitive Product. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 5, 49–64.
- Beyrami. Egder. J, Abasiyan. A.H, Hatami. S. (2016). The role of brand identity on the club's reputation from the perspective of fans. Sports management studies, 35: 83-96. (Persian)
- Brunello, A. (2018). BRAND EQUITY IN SPORTS INDUSTRY. International Journal of Communication Research, 8(1), 25-30.
- Chung, N., Koo, C., & Kim, J.K. (2014). Extrinsic and intrinsic motivation for using a booth recommender system service on exhibition attendees’ unplanned visit behavior. Computers in Human Behavior, 30: 59-68.
- Crosno,J. l.,Freling,T. H., & Skinner, S. J. (2009). “Does brand social power mean market might? Exploring the influence of brand social power on brand evaluation”. psychology & marketing, 26, 91-121.
- Deloitte. (2014). All to play for football money league. Sports Business Group, Deloitte report, 1-40, available at: http://s.ucpf.fr/ucpf/file/201507/Deloitte-football-money-league-2014_bd.pdf.
- Eckert, C., Louviere, J., & Islam, T. (2012). Seeing the forest despite the trees: Brand effects on choice uncertainty. International. Journal of Research in Marketing, 29(3): 256-264.
- Fasihe. N, (2013). Determination of effective factors on branding of sport events in Iran. Master's Thesis, Sports Management Attitudes, University of Tehran. (Persian)
- Ghajar Beige. S, Zamani. A (2016). Identifying the Effective Factors Determining Brand Identity by Loving the Brand of Sports Brands in Tehran, Fourth Scientific Conference on New Findings of Management Science, Entrepreneurship and Education in Iran. (Persian).
- Gordon, B. S., & James, J. D. (2017). The Impact of Brand Equity Drivers on Consumer-based Brand Equity in the Sport Service Setting. International Journal of Business Administration, 8(3), 55.
- Keller, K. L. (1999). “Managing brands for the long run: Brand reinforcement and revitalization strategies”. California Management Review, 41, 102–24.
- Khodadadeh, S., & Behnam, M. (2013). Brand extension determinants: An emphasis on emotional and sensational reactions of sport brands. Seminar Course of Payamnoor University. Fars, July 2013, Estahban.
- Khodadadeh, S., Alavi. S.M. (2016). Customer identification of sport brand and its effects on successful brand development with the role of brand love and commitment and loyalty to it. Sports Management Studies, 40: 187-208. (Persian
- Lin, L. Y., & Huang, P. W. (2012). Effects of Big five brand personality dimensions on repurchase intention: Using barnd Ed coffee chains as Examples. Journal of Foodservices Business Research, 15, 1-18.
- Loureiro, S. (2012). Love and loyalty in car brands: Segmentation using finite mixture partial least squares, challenges at the interface of data analysis, computer science, and optimization studies in classification, data analysis, and knowledge organization, Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Gesellschaft für Klassifikation e. V., Karlsruhe, July 21 - 23, 503-10.
- Lude, M., & Prügl, R. (2018). Why the family business brand matters: Brand authenticity and the family firm trust inference. Journal of Business Research, 89, 121-134.
- Manthiou, A., Kang, J., Hyun, S. S., & Fu, X. X. (2018). The impact of brand authenticity on building brand love: An investigation of impression in memory and lifestyle-congruence. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 75, 38-47.
- Rahimniya. F, Feyzmohamadi. Sh. (2014). Investigating the effect of brand distinction and prestige on customer loyalty by customer identification with brand (Case study: Toyota dealers' clients). New marketing research, 4(3):1-16. (Persian)
- Sang-Won, K. (2015). The impact of customer buying behavior on the optimal allocation decisions. International Journal of Production Economics, 163, 71-88.
- Sasmita, J., & Suki, N. M. (2015). Young consumers’ insights on brand equity: Effects of brand association, brand loyalty, brand awareness, and brand image. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 43(3): 276-292.
- Siew, S. W., Minor, M. S., & Felix, R. (2018). The influence of perceived strength of brand origin on willingness to pay more for luxury goods. Journal of Brand Management, 1-15.
- Ye, G., & Van. Raaij, W.F. (2004). Brand Equity: extending brand awareness and linking with signal detection theory. Journal of marketing communication, 10, 95-114.