Document Type : Research Paper
Professor of Exercise Physiology, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Sport Sciences Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor of Exercise Physiology, Sport Sciences Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was to develop a strategic plan for monitoring the well-being and physical activity of Iranian students. This research is a mixed (qualitative-quantitative) research and has been conducted in the field. The statistical population of the study consisted of all governmental universities throughout the country and all other experts in the field of student sport and student well-being monitoring. In the quantitative section, the sample consisted of 39 elites and supervisors of university well-being and sport counseling centers. According to the findings, the mission of the student well-being and Physical Activity system is "policy making, planning and implementation of student health monitoring, providing sports counseling and training and improvement programs for well-being development." 'Physical health and quality of life of the country's students and the development of their knowledge and sensitivity to maintaining and promoting well-being' and the vision considered as 'Iranian student: healthy and vitality' and core values including well-being, vitality' Physical activity, fitness, employment and self-sufficiency were considered. In addition, 20 weaknesses, 11 strengths, 12 threats and 15 opportunities were identified. Six major objectives were formulated and five strategies and 21 operational plans were designed to achieve these goals. The program derived from this research can be implemented as an outline and guide framework for the development of the well-being and fitness of Iranian students.
- Abraham, S. (2012). Strategic Planning: A Practical Guide for Competitive Success. 2 editions. Melbourne: Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Administration of Physical Education, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. (2018). Resource manual for guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. (Persian).
- Ahmadi, Fatemeh Zahra; Mehr Mohammadi, Mahmood; Montazeri, Ali and Wola, Mojin (2016). Teacher Health Literacy, Voice of Teachers and Students. Modern Educational Thoughts, 14(1).(Persian)
- Alvani, S. M. (2016). Public Management. Fifty-Fourth Edition. Tehran: Ney Publishing. (Persian).
- Boyle, J.R., & LaRose, N.R. (2008). Personal beliefs, the environment and college students' exercise and eating behaviors. American Journal of Health Studies, 23(4), 195-200.
- Breivik, G., & Hellevik, O. (2014). More active and less fit: changes in physical activity in the adult Norwegian population from 1985-2011. Sport in Society, 17, 157-75.
- Downward, P., & Rasciute, S. (2014). Exploring the covariates of sport participation for health: an analysis of males and females in England. Journal of Sports Sciences, 33(1):1-10.
- Fridberg, T. (2010). Sport and exercise in Denmark, Scandinavia and Europe. Sport in Society, 13, 583-92.
- Ghafrani, M. (2008) Designing and Developing a Strategy for the Development of the Heroic and Public Sports of Sistan and Baluchestan Province. PhD Thesis, university of Tehran. (Persian).
- Gharakhanlou R, Farzad B, Agha-Alinejad H, Steffen LM, Bayati M. (2012). Anthropometric measures as predictors of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the urban population of Iran. Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia, 98(2), 126-35.
- Goodarzi, M & Honari, H. (2007). Designing and Developing a Comprehensive Sport Wrestling System in Iran. Journal of Research in Sport Sciences, 5(14), 33-54. (Persian).
- Goodarzi, M., Farahani, A and Goodarzi, M. (2013) Design of Student Sports Development Strategy Department of Physical Education of Payam Noor. Research in university Sport, 5(291), 117-134. (Persian).
- Griffith University (2018). Student Wellbeing and Safety Policy. http://policies.griffith.edu.au/pdf/Student Wellbeing and Safety Policy.pdf. Retrieved in 2019.
- Hashemi Siavashani. M (2020). Developing a Human Resources Strategic Program at the Ministry of Sport and Youth. Doctoral dissertation on Sport Management. Physical education and sport sciences institute. (Persian).
- Haycock, D. (2015). University Students’ Sport Participation: The Significance of Sport and Leisure Careers. A Thesis in University of Chester for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
- Hemmatinejad, M. A. (2008). Strategic Planning of the Rowing Federation and Water Skiing, research project of physical education and sport sciences institute. (Persian).
- Hosseini, G; Hamidi, M. & Tojjari, F (2012). Strategic Planning of Student Sport in Islamic Azad University. Sport Management, 15, 15-33. (Persian).
- Institute for Research & Planning in Higher Education. (2018). Statistics of higher education in Iran (a brief) 2017-2018. https://irphe.ac.ir/files/Statistic/files/Brochures/2017-2018.pdf. (Persian).
- Javadipour, M and Samia Nina, M. (2013). General Sport in Iran and Formulation of Future Vision, Strategy and Plans. Applied Journal of Sport Management, 4, 30-21. (Persian).
- Keating, X. D., Chen, L., Lambdin, D., Harrison Jr., L., & Ramirez, T. (2009). Important health-related fitness knowledge domains for university students. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Tampa, FL.
- Khosravi Zadeh, E. (2008). Study and Design of the Strategic Plan of the National Olympic Committee of the Islamic Republic of Iran. PhD Thesis, university of Tehran. (Persian).
- leeds trinity students’ union (2014). leeds trinity university sport strategy 2014-2019.http://www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/Key%20Documents/LTU%20Sport%20Strategy%202014-19.pdf. Retrieved in 2020.
- Lunn, P., Kelly, E., & Fitzpatrick, N. (2013). Keeping them in the game: taking up and dropping out of sport and exercise in Ireland. Dublin, Ireland: Economic and Social Research Institute.
- McArthur, L.H., & Raedeke, T.D. (2009). Race and sex differences in college student physical activity correlates. American Journal of Health Behavior, 33(1), 80-90.
- Musa, Taha Hussein., Li. WEI, LI Xiao Shan, PU Yue Pu, and WEI Ping Min (2016). Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity among Students Aged 7-22 Years in Jiangsu Province, China. Biomed Environ Sci, 29(10), 697-705.
- Ramezani, M; Andam, R; Aghaei, A. A. (2014). Designing the Strategic Plan of Shahroud University. Physical Education Department, 3(7), 15-40. (Persian).
- Sparling, P.B. (2003). College physical education: An unrecognized agent of change in combating inactivity-related diseases. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine, 46, 579-587.
- Sport England (2014). Active universities 18-month report. London, United Kingdom: Sport England. https://www.sportengland.org/media/10171/active-universities-final.pdf. Retrieved in 2020.
- Stewart, S., & Mitchell, M. (2003). Instructional variables and student knowledge and conceptions of fitness. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 22, 533-551.
- Tisdell, C. A (2001). Sustainable development, gender inequality and human rescore. International Journal of Agricultural Resources Governance and Ecology, 1(2), 178-192.
- Tuyckom, C., & Scheerder, J. (2010). Sport for all? Insight into stratification and compensation mechanisms of sporting activity in the EU-27. Sport, Education and Society, 15, 495-513.
- University of Bristol (2018). University policies and strategies. http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/governance/policies/. Retrieved in 2019.