Document Type : Research Paper
M.A student of sport management, University of Tehran, Iran
Professor assistant of sport management, University of Tehran, Iran
Professor associate of sport management, University of Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was to identify strategies for developing physical activity in the elderly of Qom city with a social marketing approach. The research method was a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods and According to the qualitative data collection in the first stage, and validation of it in the next stage, this research was exploratory blend type. The statistical population of this study was all people over 50 years old in Qom province. The sampling method in the qualitative part of this research was initially purposeful and judgmental and then snowball sampling method was used to collect data. In this study, 13 of the sample were interviewed with theoretical saturation. In the first phase, the data collection tools was interviewed and then with coding and identify themes and indicators, questionnaire codification and was used to design and validate models . The sampling method in the quantity section was random. Data analysis in the qualitative section was performed using thematic analysis and in the quantitative part using SPSS and LISREL software. The results of the thematic analysis showed that the proposed strategies were dominated by two concepts of social marketing mix (location, price, promotion, people, partners, politics, line, mesh, document, pleasure and protection) and STP strategies. The results of confirmatory factor analysis also showed the fitting of the model in this study. According to the results, having marketing and customer-oriented view is necessary for the development of sports in the elderly.
- Aro, A. A. Agbo, S. & Omole, O. B. (2018). Factors influencing regular physical exercise among the elderly in residential care facilities in a South African health district. African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine, 10.(1)
- Chen, M. Lin, T. & Jiang, B. (2015). Aerobic and resistance exercise training program intervention for enhancing gait function in elderly and chronically ill Taiwanese patients. Public health, 129(8), 1114-1124.
- Entezari, Shamsipour Dehkordi & Sahaf. (2018). Effect of Physical Activity on Cognitive Flexibility and Perfectionism in the Elderly. Iranian Journal of Ageing, 12(4), 402-413. doi:10.21859/sija.12.4.402(Persian)
- Freedman, D. (2010). Media policy silences: The hidden face of communications decision making. The International Journal of Press/Politics, 15(3), 344-361.
- Fu, C., Wang, C., Yang, F., Cui, D., Wang, Q., & Mao, Z. (2018). Association between social capital and physical activity among community-dwelling elderly in Wuhan, China. International Journal of Gerontology, 12(2), 155-159.
- Fujihira, H. Kubacki, K. Ronto, R. Pang, B. & Rundle-Thiele, S. (2015). Social marketing physical activity interventions among adults 60 years and older: a systematic review. Social Marketing Quarterly, 21(4), 214-229.
- Ha, M.S. Kim, J.H. Kim, Y.S. & Kim, D.Y. (2018). Effects of aquarobic exercise and burdock intake on serum blood lipids and vascular elasticity in Korean elderly women. Experimental gerontology, 101, 63-68.
- Hong, S. Y. & Jun, S. Y. (2017). Community Capacity Building Exercise Maintenance Program for Frail Elderly Women. Asian Nursing Research, 11(3), 166-173. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2017.06.001
- Hosseini & Hatamnezhad. (2018). Relationship between Self-Regulation and Balance-Confidence in Active and Inactive Elderly Men. Iranian Journal of Ageing, 12(4), 470-481. doi:10.21859/sija.12.4.470.(Persian)
- Imanzadeh & Hamrahzdeh, M. (2018). Identification of Facilitators and Deterrents of the Quality of Life in Elderly Women and Men: A Phenomenological Research. Iranian Journal of Ageing, 12(4), 430-445.(Persian)