Document Type : Research Paper
1 PhD student in Strategic Management in Sport, Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, Mobarakeh Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mobarakeh, Iran
2 Assistant Professor in Sport Management, Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, Mobarakeh Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mobarakeh, Iran.
3 Associate Professor in Sport Management, Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, Isfahan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran
4 Assistant Professor in Future Research, Department of Management, Isfahan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran
The aim of this study was to explore the future of educational sport in Iran to predict the future of educational sport and to formulate strategies for the year 2035. To predict, the scenario-based approach based on an intuitive logic approach was applied and to design the scenarios, the strategy of trends and uncertainty analysis as well as a six-step integrated scenario planning were used. First, the project boundary was specified. Then, the main factors of development and the blind spots were identified with a 360-degree feedback. Subsequently, two key uncertainties were formulated as the basis to design the scenario. Then, a complete definition for the four possible scenarios was provided in detail. In the fifth step, a general strategy based on the scenarios was presented. Finally, in the last step the strategies were monitored and controlled. The participants of this study were 44 internal and external stakeholders of Iranian educational sport selected by a purposeful sampling. The data were collected through interviews and open-ended questionnaires. According to the results, the analysis of the 30 key factors ultimately lead to the production of two key uncertainties; "networking among key actors" and "family and community synergy", which were the basis of Iran's four major educational sporting scenarios. As a result, it is suggested that, in order to develop the Iranian educational sport, networking and synergy of institutions with the focus on Ministry of Sport and Youth be done.
- Abbasi Bakhtiari, R. Farahani, A. & Keshavarz, L. (2019). Develop a strategic plan with the sport and the championship Islamic Azad University SWOT-ANP. Applied Research of Sport Management. 8(1): 139-153. (Persian)
- Acciai, F. Yedidia, M. J. DeWeese, R. S. Martinelli, S. & Vachaspati, P. O. (2019). School Food and Physical Activity Environment: A Longitudinal Analysis of Four School Districts in New Jersey. J Adolesc Health. 65(2): 216-223.
- AdibRoshan, F. Talebpour, M. & Peymanizad, H. (2017). Drawing the scenario of elite sports of Khorasan Razavi province in 1404 horizon. Sport Management and Development. 6 (3): 168-186. (Persian)
- Ahmadian Jelodari, M. Alam, Sh. & Nowzari, V. (2019). Designing Strategic Plan of Administration of Physical Education of the Farhangian University Based on the 1404 Landscape Document. Research on Educational Sport. 7(17): 253-76. (Persian)
- Baumler, I. Kotzab, H. (2020). Urban Freight Transportation Systems, Chapter10: Scenario-based development of intelligent transportation systems for road freight transport in Germany.. London: Elsevier Publication. 183-202.
- Berg, B. K. Fuller, R. D. & Hutchinson, M. (2019). But a champion comes out much, much later: A sport development case study of the 1968 U.S. Olympic team. Sport Management Review. 21(4): 430-442.
- Chimhowu, A. Hulme, D. & Munro, L. T (2019). The ‘New’ national development planning and global development goals: Processes and partnerships. World Development. 120: 76-89.
- Cristina, L. & Alessio, I. (2018). A scenario-based modeling method for controlling ECM performance. Expert Systems with Applications. 97: 253-265.
- Frank, A. & Silver, Ch. (2017). Envisioning the Future of Planning and Planning Education. Urban Planning Education. 117: 235-250.
- Gibbons, L. Pearthree, G. Cloutier, S.A. & Ehlenzd, M.M. (2020). The development, application, and refinement of a Regenerative Development Evaluation Tool and indicators. Ecological Indicator. 108: 250-267.
- Ghalibaf, M. (2010). A strategic view of the sports system in the country from the program of progress and justice. Tehran: Negarestan Hamed Publication. (Persian)
- Gong, Z. Wang, H. Guo, W. Gong, Z. & Wei, G. (2020). Measuring trust in social networks based on linear uncertainty theory. Information Sciences. 508: 154-172.
- Hjort, M. Martin, W. & Troelsen, J. (2019). Planning of sport and recreational facilities informed by interdisciplinary knowledge: An attempt to make a systematic and transparent design strategy. Arch net-IJAR. 13(2): 349-367.
- Hodgett, R.E. & Siraj, S. (2019). SURE: A method for decision-making under uncertainty. Expert Systems with Applications. 115: 684-694.
- Keshavarz, L. Farahani, A. & Mohammadkhani, J. (2018). Analysis of factors affecting the behavior of Iranian championship sports managers by scenario planning approach. Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. 5(17): 99-108. (Persian)
- Keshgar, S. & Soleymani, M. (2012). The Role of Privatization Plans on the Development of Public Sports from the Experts' Viewpoint. Applied Research in Sport Management. 1(2): 99-104. (Persian)
- Khazaee Sahneh, S. & Aslaniyan, M. (2017). Future Scorecard in Strategic Foresight Context. Journal of Future Studies Managemenet. 28(2): 91-109. (Persian)
- Loghmani, M. Gholidahaneh, M. & Hassannejad, M. (2018). The Effect of Physical Educator's Teaching Styles on Student's Goal Orientation. Research on Educational Sport. 6(15): 53-72. (Persian)
- Laitinen, J. & Meristo, T. (2018). Rome Was Not Built in One Day: Future‐Oriented Regional Development Towards Energy‐Efficient Residential Areas. In Kuldeep Virdi and Lauri Tenhunen (Eds.) Proceedings of the METNET Seminar 2017 in Cottbus. Hameenlinna: Hame University of Applied Sciences. 148‐155.
- Mottaghi shahri, M.H. Ghafouri, F. Honari, H. & Shahlaee, J. (2019). Designing the mental health pattern of athletes participating in educational sport. Research on Educational Sport. 7(16): 17-38. (Persian)
- MoharamZadeh, M. Vahdani, M. (2020). Designing a strategy map of sport in Mohaghegh Ardabili University by synthesis of ISM modelm. Contemporary Studies on Sport Management. 9(17): 1-16. (Persian)
- Mousavian, A. Mehdipour, A. & Khoda Moradi, M. (2019). A Model of Strategic Thinking to Developing Performance of Sports Managers (Case Study: Sport Federations of Islamic Republic of Iran). Strategic Studies on Youth and Sports. 18(43): 165-186. (Persian)
- Nazari, R. (2018). The Role of Exercise in the Future of Iranian Development. Dynamic Thought Development Journal. Collection of Development Articles, Serial number (97-29), 1-15. (Persian)
- Nazari. R. (2017). Strategic Perspective for the Development of Sport in the School Olympiads in Isfahan Province. Research on Educational Sport. 5(13): 231-48. (Persian)
- Oliver, J.J. & Parrett, E. (2017). Managing future uncertainty: Reevaluating the role of scenario planning. Business Horizons. 61(2): 339-352.
- Padash, D. kashef, S. M. Saghafi, F. & Hamidi, M. (2019). Identification of the Uncertainties of Physical Education and Student Sports in 2025. Research on Educational Spor. Ready to release. (Persian)
- Physical Education Organization of the Islamic Republic of Iran. (2005). Detailed development studies Educational sports. Tehran: Green Apple Publications. (Persian)
- Popeska, B. Mitkovska, S. & Dimkov, T. (2018). Sport curriculum and sport activities at universities: Case of Macedonian Universities compared with several surrounding Balkan countries. In: 13th FIEP European Congress & 29th FIEP World Congress, Istanbul, Turkey: 26- 29.
- Rasekh, N. Sajjadi, S. A. HosseinRazavi, S. M. & Dousti, M. (2018). Analysis of the Educational Sport Structure in Iran. Research on Educational Sport. 6(14):17-44. (Persian)
- Ratten, V. & Jones, P. (2018). Future research directions for sport education: toward an entrepreneurial learning approach. Education + Training. 60(5): 490-499.
- Statistical Center of Iran (2017). Standard definitions and concepts of the Ministry of Sport and Youth. Plan and Budget Organization, Iran Statistics Center. October 2016. (Persian)
- Shen, J. Copertaro, B. Sangelantoni, M. Zhang, R. & Suo, H. (2020). An early-stage analysis of climate-adaptive designs for multi-family buildings under future climate scenario: Case studies in Rome, Italy and Stockholm, Sweden. Journal of Building Engineering. 27: 314-329.
- Strengers, Y. Pink, S. & Nicholls, L. (2019). Smart energy futures and social practice imaginaries: Forecasting scenarios for pet care in Australian homes. Energy Research & Social Science. 48: 108-115.
- Schwenker, B. & Wulf, T. (2013). Scenario-based Strategic Planning- Developing Strategies in an Uncertain World. Roland Berger School of Strategy and Economics. Springer Gabler, eBook.
- Saritas, O. & Smith, J.E. (2011). The big picture–trends, drivers, wild cards, discontinuities and weak signals. Futures. 43(3): 292-312.
- Seyed Ameri, H. Elahi, A. Afshari, M. & Honari, H. (2016). Developing Role of Postmodern Management on Sport Development Model. Sport Management Studies. 8(37): 17-34. (Persian)
- Shariati, H. Tayebi Sani, S. Fahimi Nezhad, A. & Kazemnejad, A. (2019). Developing a Sports Strategic Plan for Girls Students of High Schools in Golestan Province. Journal of Human Resource Management in Sport. 6(2): 315-331. (Persian)
- Shokri, N. (2010). Sport: Set of rules and regulations. Tehran: Nashre shahr Publication. (Persian)
- Seibert, T. S. Allen, D.B. Eickhoff, J. & Carrel, A.L. (2018). CDC childhood physical activity strategies fail to show sustained fitness impact in middle school children. Preventive Medicine Reports. 12: 60-65.
- Sayah Mofazali, A. Jahangiri, K. & Eivazi, M.R. (2015). Comparative study of foresight patterns globally applied in disaster management studies. Journal of Future Studies Managemenet. 26(4): 69-80. (Persian)
- Schwartz, P. (2013). The Art of the Long View: Planning for the Future in an Uncertain World. By Amazon, Published April 15 th 2013 by Currency (First Published 1996).
- Thorstad, R. & Wolff, P. (2018). A big data analysis of the relationship between future thinking and decision-making. National Academy of Sciences. 115: 1740-1748.
- Vaghar, M. S. Ramzani Nezhad, R. Mollaei, M. & Zaki Zadeh, S. B. (2019). The Investigation of Badminton Development Situation in Iran. Sport Management Studies. 11 (55): 93-116. (Persian)
- Wang, M. QingZhang, D. Wen, J. & KeatTan, S. (2018). Assessing hydrological effects and performance of low impact development practices based on future scenarios modeling. Journal of Cleaner Production. 179: 12-23.
- Wulf, T. Stubner, S. MeiBner, P. & Brands, C. (2012). Szenariobasierte Strategise Planing in volatilen Umfeldern. Controling & Management. 56: 34-38.
- Zali, N. & PourSohrab, A. (2017). Regional Development Foresight with Emphasis on Combined Scenario Making and SWOT Analytical Model Approach Case Study: Gilan Province. Space planning and preparation. 21(3): 189-220. (Persian)