Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
The Mental image of Students from concept of continuing education represents their expectations and their orientation in higher education. The Aim of this study is Analysis of the Mental image in M.A sport management`s Students from continuing to study at a doctoral degree. Through qualitative method based on case study, data were collected in the form of interviews and focus groups. Through the purposive sampling method, the participants constitute 59 M.A students in the field of sport management. In order to analyze the data, the theme analysis Causal Layered Analysis (CLA) were used. The results showed that MA students in sport management had three mental images of the concept of continuing education at a doctoral degree. They are a) Compelled in Continuing Education, b) Science lover in Continuing Education, c) Risk-taking in Continuing Education. It can be concluded that these Mental image in M.A sport management`s Students from continuing to study at a doctoral degree are result in educational policies and interactions in life-worlds of Students in the scientific environments of sport management. The results of this study can be a good way to develop the fields of study in graduate studies. The results of this study can be useful for extending the fields in graduate degrees, as well as, can be useful for coordinating employment policies with educational policies related to the discipline of sport management.
- Abuloha, S., Sharaydih, R., & Wazaify, M. (2019). Exploring the needs, barriers, and motivation of Jordanian pharmacists towards continuing education. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 18 (12): 2687-2693.
- Akbari Booreng M. (2015) The Role of the Future Career Prospects in Students’ Educational Motivation of Birjand University of Medical Sciences. jmed., 10 (2) :138-149. (Persian).
- Andrew, D. P., Pedersen, P. M., & McEvoy, C. D. (2011). Research methods and design in sport management. Illinois, Human Kinetics Publishers.
- Bishop, B. J., & Dzidic, P. L. (2014). Dealing with wicked problems: Conducting a causal layered analysis of complex social psychological issues. American Journal of Community Psychology, 53 (1-2): 13-24.
- Braun, V., & Clarke, V. (2006). Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitative research in psychology, 3 (2): 77-101.
- Cox D R, Grus C L. (2019) From Continuing Education to Continuing Competence, Journal of Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 50 (2): 113.
- DaghestanKh .A (2010) studying sociological factors affecting students ' tendency to migrate from the country, thesis of M.A in Public administration, Payam Noor University, pp: 12-32.
- Haigh, M. (2016). Fostering deeper critical inquiry with causal layered analysis. Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 40 (2): 164-181.
- Inayatullah, S. (1998). Causal layered analysis: Poststructuralism as method. Futures, 30 (8): 815-829.
- Inayatullah, S. (2009). Causal layered analysis: An integrative and transformative theory and method. Futures Research Methodology, Version, 3.
- Inayatullah, S. (2014). Causal layered analysis defined. The Futurist, 48 (1): 26.
- Khodadadi, M., Najdrahmati, B., Farid Fathi, M. (2017). Relationship between Sports Participation Motivation, Happiness and Academic Achievement of Secondary School Boys’ Student in Bonab City. Research on ٍEducational Sport, 5 (13): 155-174. (Persian).
- Khosravi, F., Delvarianzadeh, M., Bagheri, H., Bahar, A., Bahar Gogani, R. (2016). Factors Relating to Incentive of Continuing Postgraduate Degrees Among Undergraduate Students in Health Faculty at Shahroud University of Medical Sciences. Educational Development of Judishapur, 7 (3): 231-239. (Persian).
- Kinsella, D., Fry, M., & Zecchin, A. (2018). Motivational factors influencing nurses to undertake postgraduate hospital-based education. Nurse education in practice, 31: 54-60.
- kosari, M., khoshnam, M. (2017). Phenomenological analysis of the student's mental meaning of the university. jiera, 11 (38): 171-193 (Persian).
- Lea, S. (2009) Factors That Influence Students' Desiers to Attend Higher Education, Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for Tthe Degree Doctor of Education Seton Hall University. pp: 23-34.
- Li, X. D., Chen, H. J., Wang, L., Kong, X. Y., & Ying, J. (2019). Scientific Research Capability and Continuing Education Needs for Nurses with Master's Degrees in China. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 50 (2): 61-68.
- Li, Y. H. (2014). Analysis of Digital Electronic Teaching in Higher Vocational Colleges-Cultivating and Stimulating Learning Motivation. In Advanced Materials Research (Vol. 989, pp. 5221-5223). Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- Lu, G., Tian, M., & Lai, M. H. (2018). Analysis of Factors Influencing Chinese Undergraduate Students' Choice of Foreign Postgraduate Education. In International Student Mobility and Opportunities for Growth in the Global Marketplace, 215-245.
- Mahdizadeh.M, Hashemi.S.Z (2020) Sociological Analysis of Factors Affecting Social Demand for Ph.D. (Case Study of Ph.D Students of Tehran Universities), Journal of social research and studies in Iran, 8(4): 819-846(Persian)
- Minniti A M, Chappell K, Regnier K, et al. (2019) Interprofessional Conversations in Continuing Education. Journal of Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 50 (2): 136.
- Money, J., Tracy, F., Hennessy, C., Nixon, S., & Ball, E. (2016). Student expectations: what is university really about? Innovations in Practice, 10 (2): 82-87.
- Riedy, C. (2008). An integral extension of causal layered analysis. Futures, 40 (2): 150-159.
- Sabouri Aghbulagh Rostam Khan T, Imanipour M, Ahmadi S. (2017) Reasons and motives for selecting major of medical education as post-graduate course: a qualitative study. jmed. 12 (3):133-146. (Persian).
- Sadeghi M, Bahgerian A. (2013) Postgraduate Aspiration in Dental Students at Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences. JRUMS; 12 (2):103-114. (Persian).
- Sadeh, S., Mirramezani, M., Mesgaran, M., Feizpour, A., Azadi, P. (2019), Stanford Iran 2040 Project: The Scientific Output of Iran: Quantity, Quality, and Corruption, Stanford University, Working Paper, 7
- Salehi Omran, E., Hoseini Tabar, F. (2014). Graduate to Higher Education or Employment in the Labor market: An Examination of Theoretical Viewpoints. Science and Technology Policy Letters, 04 (3): 33-52. (Persian).
- Salimi, M., KhodaParast, M. (2016). The effect of teacherstudent relationship on educational motivation and research selfefficacy in graduated students of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. Research on ٍEducational Sport, 4 (9): 109-126 (Persian).
- Yihui, U. (2019). Reflections on Adult Academic Education Based on the Motivation of Higher Vocational Students' N (2019eeds for Continuing Education. DEStech Transactions on Social Science, Education and Human Science, (isehs), pp: 183-190.
- Yin, R. R. (2003). Case Study Research: Design and Methods. (3rd ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Zarei J, Azizi A, Kazemi A. (2011) A survey of factors affecting on decreased desire to continue education on undergraduate students in Ahvaz Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences. J Med Educ Dev,7 (15):49-59. (Persian).
- Zorio-Grima, A. (2020). Driving factors for having visibility of sustainability contents in university degree titles. Journal of Cleaner Production, 242, 114746.