Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sports Management, Farhangian University of Tehran
PhD, Sports Management, Razi University of Kermanshah
PhD Student in Sports Management, Razi University of Kermanshah
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of relationships based on trust and person-job fit on psychological empowerment and Job retention of sports teachers with the mediator role of person-organization fit. The research method was correlation. The statistical population of the study included all sports teachers in Tehran with 1500 people, which according to Morgan table, 310 people as a research sample were randomly selected. Data collection tools, were standard questionnaire of person-job fit Vogel and Feldman (2009), person-organization fit Scroggens (2008), psychological empowerment Hatami and Dastar (2011), relationships based on trust Robbins (2005) and staff retention Kaident (2009). In order to analyze the data, were used Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Pearson correlation and structural equation model. The results showed that relationships based on trust had a direct positive effect on psychological empowerment and job retention of teachers. person-organization fit Played a mediator role with an effect coefficient 0.16 and 0.13, respectively for the effect of person-job fit on teacher psychological empowerment and job retention, but person-organization fit Played a mediator role with an effect coefficient 0.08 and 0.06 respectively for the effect of relationships based on trust on the psychological empowerment and job retention of teachers, which is not significant. As a result, relevant managers in order to enhance the psychological empowerment and job retention of sports teachers, emphasize on relationships based on trust, person-job fit and person-organization fit.
- B, Ashrafi. S. (2011). The relationship between organizational conditions and managerial strategies by empowerment of school managers. The scientific quarterly review of modern administration of management, 8(2): 91-114. (Persian)
- C, Baum. T, Wong. A. (2012). Relocating empowerment as a management concept for asia. Journal of business research, 65(1):36-41.
- N, Aral. N, Öznur. G, Ertosunc. B. (2016). Linking person-job fit to job stress: The mediating effect of perceived person-organization fit. Procedia- Social and behavioral sciences, 207: 369 – 376.
- Document the fundamental transformation of education. (2011). (Persian).
- A, Zeinabadi. H. R, Hadavandi. M. R. (2018). Qualitative study of effective factors in the desire for retention of teachers in farhangian university in the ministry of education: A case study in tehran province. Two quarterly journal of educational studies, 6(17): 122-135. (Persian).
- C, Fernandes. A. (2016). Search for trustful leadership in secondary schools: Is empowerment the solution? Educational management administration & leadership, 44(6): 892-916.
- M, Bjorklund. P, Spillane. S. (2019). The social side of teacher turnover: Closeness and trust among general and special education teachers in the united states. International journal of educational research, 98: 292-302.
- A. (2012).When competency-based pay relates to creative performance: The moderating role of employee psychological need. International journal of hospitality management, 31( 1 ):130.
- Z, kazemi. A, Shaemi. A. (2016). Analysis the effect of person- organization fit and person - job fit on psychological empowerment. Public management research limetta, 9(33): 167- 189. (Persian)
- M, Safaie. S, Brati. A. (2016). Study the effect of coaching practice on psychological empowerment of teachers. The quarterly review of education and development of human resources, 2(6): 1- 23. (Persian)
- T, Kim. M. (2013). Leaders’ moral competence and employee outcomes: The effects of psychological empowerment and person-supervisor fit. Journal of business ethics, 112(1):155-166.
- A. P, Derek. S. C. (2006). Subjective person-organization fit: Bridging the gap between conceptualization and measurement. Journal of vocational behavior, 69(1): 202-221.
- C. Q, Wang. H. J, Lu. J. J, Du. D. Y, Bakker. A. B. (2014). Does work engagement increase person-job fit? The role of job crafting and job insecurity. journal of vocational behavior, 84(1): 142-152.
- Y. (2010). How do newcomers fit in? The dynamics between person-environment fit and social capital across cultures. International journal of cross cultural management, 10( 2 ): 153–174.
- O. S, Askvik. S. (2017). Are school committees a source of empowerment? Insights from tanzania. International journal of public administration, 40(9): 780-791.
- j. m, Youngs. B. (2020). Person-organization fit and first-year teacher retention in the united states. Teaching and teacher education, 97: 103226.
- S. M, Haj Khuzimeh. M. Ebrahimi. S. (2016). Identify criteria for attracting and retaining human resources and provide appropriate solutions. Journal of development and transformation management, 22: 9-18. (Persian).
- S. A, Boshoff. A. B, Pietersen. J, Snelgar. R. (2017). The relationships between authentic leadership, psychological capital, psychological climate, team commitment and intention to quit. SA journal of industrial psychology/SA tydskrif vir bedryfsielkunde, 43(0): 1430.
- R. K, Jena. L. K, Pradhan. S. (2017). Role of psychological contract between organisational commitment and employee retention: findings from indian manufacturing industries. World review of science, technology and sustainable development, 13(1): 18–36.
- C, Wang. H. G, Lu. J. J, Du. D. Y, Bakker. (2018). Does work engagement increase person–job fit? The role of job crafting and job insecurity. Journal of vocational behavior, 84(2):142-152.
- J. (2014). Person-organizational fit and perceived organizational support effects on job outcomes. Dissertation Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the degree of doctor of philosophy organizational psychology. walden university. 24-49.
- H, Kodayari. A, Norbaksh. M, Alidost. E. (2020). Design of empowerment model of physical education teachers with the approach of vision document 1404 of islamic republic of iran. Research in educational sports, 8(18): 91- 112. (Persian)
- R. M, Feldman. D. C. (2009). Integrated the level of person environment fit: The roles of vocational fit and group fit. Journal of vocation behavior, 75(1): 68-81.
- B. B, Gonzalez. J. A, Ferrin. P. F. (2008). Person organization fit, OCB and performance appraisal: evidence from matched supervisor-salesperson data set in a spanish context, Industrial marketing management, 37(1): 1005-1019.
- L. A. (2012). An exploratory study of teacher empowermentand technical education in kentucky. Doctoral dissertation, western kentucky university, bowling green, kentucky. 1-196.
- J. L, Zhang. D. J. (2012). An exploratory investigation on psychological empowerment among chinese teachers. Advances in psychology study, 1(3): 3-21.
- E, Shapira. O. (2020). An ecological perspective of teacher retention: An emergent model. Teaching and teacher education, 88: 102965