Document Type : Research Paper
1 PhD student of Islamic Azad University, Ayatollah Amoli
2 Assistant Professor of Islamic Azad University, Ayatollah Amoli
3 Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Sport Sciences Research Institute
4 Assistant Professor of Sports Management, Faculty of physical Education and Sport Sciences, Shomal university, Amol, Mazandaran, Iran
The present study aimed to provide a conceptual pattern of sustainable participation in student sports. The research method is qualitative content analysis and applied purpose. Research participants included people with management history at various levels of student sports, experts, and informed professors in student sports issues. To conduct interviews and obtaining information in relation to the issue of research, 17 people’s opinions were completely were examined. For data collection, semi-structured interviews were used and analyzed using MAXQDA software. The factors identified in the form of 212 semantic phrases and 38 open codes without repeat, 8 axial codes, and 3 categories were used and for prioritizing codes and categories of Shannon entropy, and at the end, the concept model was drawn. The Kappa method was used to measure the reliability and quality control of the present study. The kappa coefficient calculated by SPSS software is 25 times 0.751, which is at the level of excellent agreement. The results showed that the components of sustainable participation in student sports included the ad element, public relations, verification, advertisement, subculture, social class, service and resources, and participation management. These components are promoted in the form of three dimensions of promotion, social and cultural infrastructure and management. Sustainable involvement of student sport requires people who work in this manner; therefore, people should be attracted to be elite in both planning and policymakers.
- Adetunji, O., & Akindutire, I. (2017). Benefits of participation in sport to the youth. Journal of Sports and Physical Education, 4(1): 30-34.
- Benar, N., Dastoom, S., Goharrostami, H M., Mohaddes, F. (2018). Designing a Model of Sport Participation Development (Case Study of Guilan Province), Human Resource Management in Sport Journal, 5(2): 217-234. (Persian).
- Byl j. (2002). Intramural Recreation: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating an Effective Program, human kinetics. 137.
- DeMeritt, E. A. (2015).Gender and Grade Differences in Motives for Participation in Varsity Athletic Programs atan Overseas School for Military Dependents. Doctor of Philosophy thesis. Northcentral University.
- Devecioglu S, Sahan H, Yildiz M, Tekin M. (2012). Examination of Socialization Levels of University Students Engaging in Individual and Team Sports, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences; (46):326–330.
- Downward, P., & Rasciute, S. (2015). Exploring the covariates of sport participation for health: an analysis of males and females in England. Journal of Sports Sciences, 33(1): 67-76.
- Fathi, S. (2010). Sociological explanation of student sports participation. Journal of social sciences, 3(4): 145-173.
- Ferns, B. H; Walls, A. (2012). Enduring travel involvement, Destination brand equity and Traveler’s visit intentions: A structural model analysis. Journal of Destinatin Marketing and Management, 1(1-2): 27-35.
- Gharakhanlou, R; Ghorbani, M. H; Bayati, M; Shams, A. (2020). Developing a Strategic Plan for Monitoringthe Well-Being and Physical Activity of Iranian Students. Research on Educational Sport, 8(19): 17-38. (Persian).
- Hamidi, M.; Divine, AS; Akbarizadi, H. and Hamidi, M. (2011). Student Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Development Perspectives and Strategies, Sports Management Studies, (12): 26-13. (Persian).
- Hosseini, S.A. Purkiani, M., Jami Al-Ahmadi, A., Afroozeh, A. (2017). Determining the factors affecting the increase of students' participation in physical activities. Research in Educational Sports, 5 (12): 97-114. (Persian).
- Javier, F. (2014). The sport for all ideal: A tool for enhancing human capabilities and dignity. Physical Culture and Sport. Studies and Research, 63(1): 20-28.
- Manafi, F; Ramezani Nejad, R; Gohar Rostami, H. and Purkiani, M. (2015). Influence of infrastructural and managerial factors on the development of sports participation in Iranian public universities. Research in Educational Sports, 4 (9): 65-90. (Persian).
- McKay, C. D., Cumming, S. P., & Blake, T. (2019). Youth sport: friend or foe? Best practice & research. Clinical rheumatology, 33(1): 141-157.
- Mohammadpour, A; Mehdi, R. (2008). Semantic Understanding of the Consequences of Renovation Entry to the Oraman Region of Iran through Background Research, Iranian Journal of Sociology, 9(1-2) 3-33. (Persian).
- Momtazbakhsh, M., Fakur, Y. (2007). Nvestigating the Strategies for Promotion and Development of Women's Sports for all in Police University. Journal of Danesh-e-Entezami, 33(2): 53-62. (Persian).
- Navabakhsh, M. Esmi Joshaghani, Z. (2013). The Survey of Social and Cultural Factors Affecting the Student Participation Rates in Students’ Activities. Iranian Social Development Studies, 4 (4): 105-122. (Persian).
- Matin, N. (2015). The Importance of Involvement in Education and the Ways to Alleviate the Shortcomings, Journal of Sociology of Education, 3, 143-176. (Persian).
- Odat, J. (2015). The Reasons for the Reluctance of Princess Alia University College Students' from Practicing Sports Activities. International Education Studies, 8(4): 40-51.
- Rahmati, M. M., Alikhah, F., ShadManfaat, S. M., Kabiri, S. (2019). Structural Equation Modeling: The Study on Factors Affecting Sports Participation. Research on Educational Sport, 6(15): 223-46. (Persian).
- Rasekh, N., Sajjadi, S.A., Razavi, S.M.H, Dousti. M. (2018). Analysis of the Educational Sport Structure in Iran. Research on Educational Sport, 6(14): 17-44. (Persian).
- Saki, M. Mazloomi Mahmood Abadi, S. Mirjalili, M. and Fallah, H. (2018). Using the Combination of Social Marketing and Innovation Dissemination Model to Promote Yazd Women's Physical Activity: A Combined Study, Second National Conference on Achievements in Sport Sciences and Health, Ahvaz, Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences. (Persian).
- Tatari, A; Ehsani, M; Kuzechian, H; Norouzi Seyedhoseyni, R. (2019). Design the Optimal Requirements for the Implementation of Social Marketing in Recreational Sports in Iran, Journal of Sport Management Review, 11(53): 33-59. (Persian).