Document Type : Research Paper
Phd Student Sport Management Razi University
Associate Professor of Sport Management, University of Razi.
Professor in sport management, University of Razi.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of personality characteristics on the job-search self-efficacy of graduates of sports science.The study is descriptive-correlation and applied in terms of the method and aims,respectively.The study was done in the form of field source and the statistical population of the study included graduates of sports sciences out of whom 360 individuals were chosen through random sampling as statistical sample.Measurement tool included five standard questionnaires,self-esteem Chang et al(2018),tolerance of ambiguity Hazn et al(2012),control source Kesavayuth et al(2018)and self-presentation Hart et al(2017)and a job-search self-efficacy of Salehi(2005).For translation validity,progressive-regressive translation validity method was used.Pictorial and thematic validity was also confirmed by16sports management professors.In addition,the progressive and regressive reliability and validity of the questionnaire was deemed appropriate.Results analysis was done through structural equations or by means of PLS and SPSS.The results showed that the value of determination coefficient for the internal structure of job search self-efficacy is0.830,which shows the appropriate processing of structural model. In addition, five factors of self-esteem (0.472), tolerance of ambiguity (0.123), Locus of Control (0.125), and self-representation (0.347) on the job-search self-efficacy graduates of the field of sport sciences have an impact. In general, the achievement of this study for sports officials is the necessity of developing policies tailored to personality characteristics for the further employment of graduates in the field of sports science. On the other hand, graduates of the field of sport sciences can provide the context for their further employment by considering their personal abilities and characteristics.
- Ahmad pour, A., Ghasemi, H., Alikhani Dadvokalai, M. (2015). Effective factors on the development of entrepreneurship skills of agricultural college students. Quarterly Journal of Agricultural Management, 32: 26-40. (Persian).
- Ahmadi, S., Bakhtiyari, M., hossen nezhad, gh. (2015). Evaluation of the Employment Status of Graduates of the Humanities and Its Influential Factors (Case Study: Yasouj Universcity). Iranian higher education, 2015;7 (4),1-20. (Persian).
- Arvand, ZH., Shafi Abadi. (2006). Role of self-reflection in doctor's career success. Islamic Azad University Medical Journal, 16 (3), 141-145. (Persian).
- Azizi, M., Shehni yeylagh, M., Haji Yakhchali, AR., Aliepour, S. (2016). Standardization of self-assessment test of non-cognitive skills associated with entrepreneurial intention and success among 11-12 year-old children in Ahvaz. Entrepreneurship Development, 9 (4), 653-669. (Persian).
- Baron, TH., Burgart, LJ., Pochron, NL. (2006). An internally covered (lined) self-expanding metal esophageal stent: tissue response in a porcine model. Gastrointestinal endoscopy, 64 (2):263-7.
- Brunello, G., Schlotter, M. (2011). Non-cognitive skills and personality traits: Labour market relevance and their development in education & training systems. IZA Discussion Paper No. 5743.
- Chang, C-W., Yuan, R., Chen, J-K . (2018). Social support and depression among Chinese adolescents: The mediating roles of self-esteem and self-efficacy. Children and Youth Services Review, 88:128-34.
- Cunha, F., Heckman, JJ., Schennach, SM. (2010). Estimating the technology of cognitive and noncognitive skill formation. Econometrica, 78 (3), 883-931.
- Falah, Z., Beheshti, F., Beheshti, M., Rezvani, MA. (2017). Comparison of the Current and Desirable Job Opportunities for the Graduates of Sport Sciences (Case Study: Golestan Province). Human Resources Management in Sport, 4 (2): 179-188. (Persian).
- Farahani, A., Ghorbani Ghahfarokhi, L. (2013). Determining the Factors Affecting the Employment of Graduates of the Master Degree in Physical Education at Governmental and Non-Governmental Universities. Research in academic sport, 3: 127-156. (Persian).
- Gutman, L. M., & Schoon, I. (2013). The impact of non-cognitive skills on outcomes for young people. Education Endowment Foundation, 59(22.2), 2019.
- Hair, JF. Ringle, CM. (2011). Sarstedt M. PLS-SEM: Indeed a silver bullet. Journal of Marketing theory and Practice, 19 (2):139-52.
- Hart, W., Adams, J., Burton, K. A., & Tortoriello, G. K. (2017). Narcissism and self-presentation: Profiling grandiose and vulnerable Narcissists' self-presentation tactic use. Personality and Individual Differences, (104), 48-57.
- Hazen, B T., Overstreet, R E., Jones-Farmer, L. A., & Field, H. S. (2012). The role of ambiguity tolerance in consumer perception of remanufactured products. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (2), 781-790.
- Heckman, J. J. (2011). Effective child development strategies. The pre-K debates: Current controversies and issues, 2-8.
- Henseler, J., Ringle, CM, Sinkovics, RR. (2009). The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing New challenges to international marketing: Emerald Group Publishing Limited,20: 277-319.
- Huber, LR., Sloof, R., Van Praag, M. (2014). The effect of early entrepreneurship education: Evidence from a field experiment. European Economic Review, 72, 76-97.
- Javadian Saraf, N., Tabatabaiyan, F., Shaji, E., (2009). Study of Perceptual Levels and Success Factors in Selecting the Job of Physical Education Students in Mashhad Universities. Research in Sport Sciences, 24: 6-76. (Persian).
- Kang, C., Lee, S-H. (2015). Being knowledgeable or sociable? Different patterns of human capital development and evaluation in cognitive and non-cognitive skills. Korean Economic Review, 31:57-87.
- Kazemi, MR., Hosseni Nia, GH H., Ramezan Zandi, S. (2013). Impact of entrepreneurial attitude on the performance of sport managers (Case study: Federation Wrestling of the Islamic Republic of Iran). Entrepreneurship Development, 6 (1): 67-85. (Persian).
- Kesavayuth, D., Ko, K. M., & Zikos, V. (2018). Locus of control and financial risk attitudes. Economic Modeling, (72), 122-131.
- Lotfi Azimi, A., Abasi, M., mahmudian, H., Jamali, E., Rezvani Far, Sh. (2016). Study of the relationship between the motivation of progress, innovation, tolerance of ambiguity, self-efficacy, self-esteem and self-actualization with entrepreneurial orientation in university students. Journal of Innovation and Value Creation, 5 (9): 137-148. (Persian).
- Malek Pour, A., Mohamadi, F. (2013). Study of the fields and barriers of employment of undergraduate graduates of Bijar Bachelor of Humanities. Monthly Social, Economic, Scientific and Cultural Work and Society, 157: 24-37. (Persian).
- McLarty, R. (2005). Entrepreneurship among graduates: Towards a measured response. Journal of Management Development, 24 (3):223-38.
- Mehr Alizadeh, Y., Armin, SA. (2007). Study of Labor Market Graduates' Labor Market at Iranian State Universities. Scientific Journal of Knowledge and Behavior, 5 (26):73-86. (Persian).
- Mohammadi, HR., Ahmadi, E., Amin Shayan-Jahromi, Sh. (2011). Investigating the relationship between personality traits and entrepreneurship, Journal of Sociology of Women, 2 (1), 99-120. (Persian).
- Mohammadi, M., Asgari, Gh R. (2011). Impact of Entrepreneurial Personality on Entrepreneurial Success in Small and Medium Businesses. Entrepreneurship Development, 4 (13): 129-148. (Persian).
- Nauta, MM. (2007). Career interests, self-efficacy, and personality as antecedents of career exploratio. Journal of career assessment, 15 (2):162-80.
- Nemati, MA. (2013). Studying the Entrepreneurial Personality Characteristics of Tehran University Students. Innovation and Value Creation, 3, 47-64. (Persian).
- Nordman, CJ., Sarr, LR., Sharma, S. (2015). Cognitive, Non-Cognitive Skills and Gender Wage Gaps: Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data in Bangladesh. IZA Discussion Paper No. 9132.
- Paulhus, DL., Westlake, BG., Calvez, SS., Harms, PD. (2013). Self‐presentation style in job interviews: The role of personality and culture. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43 (10):2042-59.
- Ranger, T. (1987). Pugilism and pathology: African boxing and the Black urban experience in Southern Rhodesia. Sport in Africa: essays in social history, 196-213.
- Rosen, J. A., Glennie, E. J., Dalton, B. W., Lennon, J. M., & Bozick, R. N. (2010). Noncognitive Skills in the Classroom: New Perspectives on Educational Research. RTI International. PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2194.
- Sadeghi, A., Baghban, I., Bahrami, F., Ahmadi, SA., Mosavi, H. (2012). Investigating the Factors Affecting the Growth of the Job Path of Third to Secondary School Students in Isfahan. Journal of Psychological Achievements. Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, 4: (1), 1-18. (Persian).
- Saidani, SE., Bahari, E., Zarei, A. (2011). Study of the status of employment and unemployment in Iran during the years 1341-1389. Yas Strategy, 25:216–47. (Persian).
- Salehi, R. (2005). Investigating the effect of counseling, career path in the process of professional preparedness and entrepreneurship on the joblessness of unemployed women in Shahrekord. Master's thesis, job counseling. Esfahan, University of Isfahan Faculty of Education and Psychology. (Persian).
- Shafi Abadi, A. (2013). Career guidance and job counseling and career choice theories. Tehran: Grow. (Persian).
- Shinnar, RS., Hsu, DK., Powell, BC. (2014). Self-efficacy, entrepreneurial intentions, and gender: Assessing the impact of entrepreneurship education longitudinally. The International Journal of Management Education, 12 (3):561-70.
- Tenenhaus, M., Vinzi, VE., Chatelin, Y-M., Lauro, C. (2009). PLS path modeling. Computational statistics & data analysis, 48 (1):159-205.
- Top, S., Çolakoğlu, N., & Dilek, S. (2012). Evaluating entrepreneurship intentions of vocational high school pupils based on self-efficacy concept. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 58, 934-943.
- Wang. CK., Wong, P-K. (2004). Entrepreneurial interest of university students in Singapore. Technovation, 24 (2):163-72.
- Wetzels, M., Odekerken-Schröder, G., Van Oppen, C. (2009). Using PLS path modeling for assessing hierarchical construct models: Guidelines and empirical illustration. MIS quarterly, 177-95.
- Zali, MR., Madhushi, M., Kordnaij, A. (2007). Evaluation of entrepreneurship characteristics of students (Case study: Mazandaran University). Lecturer in Human Sciences, 11 (55): 81-113. (Persian)