Document Type : Research Paper
Master of Sports Sciences, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sports Management, Faculty of Sports Sciences, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sports Management, University of Zabol, Zabol, Iran
The purpose of this study was to analyze the relationship between job satisfaction with social happiness and burnout of physical education and non-physical education teachers in Mazandaran province. This research is methodologically descriptive-correlational in terms of methodology and survey type in terms of data collection method. The statistical population included all male and female teachers of the first and second secondary schools of Mazandaran province (16,000 people), which was considered 384 people using Morgan table. Samples were selected using cluster-random sampling method and the data were collected using three job questionnaires of Minnesota Job Satisfaction, Oxford Happiness, and Maslach burnout. Analysis was performed using SPSS software version 22 and Lisrel version 8.8 was modeled. Analyzes showed that there was a significant relationship between social happiness and job desirability, organizational climate, and physical conditions of work. Also, there is a significant relationship between burnout with pay system and physical conditions of work. The relationship between job satisfaction and positive and positive social happiness, but the relationship between job satisfaction and job burnout is negative and negative. Given the importance and important role of job satisfaction in enhancing social happiness and reducing the rate of burnout, the organization should strive to provide people with job satisfaction and prevent employees from being burned out.
- Ansari. E, Ghazanfari. A, Farahmandian. M, Makvandi. A. (2012) Investigation of Social Factors Affecting Happiness in the Workplace of National Iranian Drilling Company. journal of social sciences, 7(20) :169-196. (Persian)
- Brady Scott. S. (2019). Factors Influencing Teacher Burnout and Retention Strategies. Honors Research Projects, 798:1-38.
- Bourghani farahani.S, Fotovat. B, Abdarzadeh. P, Hemmati. A. (2018). Study of the role of work ethic on job stress and job burnout (Case Study: Teachers of Physical Education in Tehran Secondary Schools). Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies, 5(1):43-51. (Persian)
- Cibele. S, Samuel. M, Herique. P, Graca. E, Rosa. M.a, Manuel. L. (2016). The protective effect of job satisfaction in health,happiness, well-being and self-esteem. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics: 1-9.
- Gharakhani. D, Zaferanchi. A. (2019) The Effect of Job Burnout on Turnover Intention with Regard to the Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. Journal of Health, 10(1): 109-117. (Persian)
- Hashemi. A. (2018). The Effectiveness of Self-Compassion Training on Burnout and Job Satisfaction of Teachers. Journal management system, 9(31): 25-46. (Persian)
- Jalili shishvan. A, Tabatabaie adnan. E, Jalili shishvan. F. (2018). Regressive Analysis of the Organizational Health Inventory and Job Satisfaction with Job Burnout of Physical Education Teachers in Tehran Province. Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies, 5(2): 101-109. (Persian)
- Khodadadi. M.R, Najdrahmati. B, Faridfathi. M. (2017). Relationship between Sports Participation Motivation, Happiness and Academic Achievement of Secondary School Boys’ Student in Bonab City. Research on educational sport, (13):155-174. (Persian)
- Loghmani. M, Gholidahaneh. M, Hassannejad. M. (2018). The Effect of Physical Educator's Teaching Styles on Student's Goal Orientation. Research on educational sport, 6(15):53-72. (Persian)
- Madadi. H, Haghighatian. M, Mohammadi. A. (2018). Analyzing happy meanings to provide ways to increase happiness (Case Study: Mianeh City Women). Journal of Social-Political Research of Women and Family, 6(2):237-252. (Persian)
- Mollanorouzi. K, Rezaei. Z, Arbabi. H. (2017). The Relationship between Psychological Empowerment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior of the Physical Education Teachers in Golestan Province: The Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies, 4(14):79-90. (Persian)
- Morad sahraei. R, Erfani. N, Shabanibahar. GH. Monsef. A, Hoseinnezhad. A.A. (2015) The relationship between empowerment and perceived organizational support job satisfaction of physical education teachers in Hamedan. Organizational behavior management in sport studies, 2(6):83-91. (Persian)
- Mérida‐López. S, Extremera. N, Quintana‐Orts. C, Rey. L. (2018). In pursuit of job satisfaction and happiness: Testing the interactive contribution of emotion‐regulation ability and workplace social support. Scandinavian journal of psychology,.60: 59-66. DOI: 10.1111/sjop.12483.
- Nordenmark. M. (2018). The Importance of Job and Family Satisfaction for Happiness among Women and Men in Different Gender Regimes. Societies, 1(8):1-10.
- Nadi. M.A, Eslami harandi. F. (2017). Structural Model of Organizational Justice, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment with Deviant Behaviors of Isfahan City Teachers. Journal of new approaches in educational administration, 7(4):59-83. (Persian)
- Rastgo. N, Herfehdost. M, Kheyrjo. E. (2017). The Effectiveness of a Group-Based Mindfulness Training on teacher’s burnout, job satisfaction, and some psychopathological symptoms. Biquarterly Journal of Cognitive Strategies in Learning, 7(4):179-198. (Persian)
- Salimi. J, Abdi. A. (2018). On the relationship between psychological empowerment and job satisfaction of teachers: Investigating the mediator role of organizational citizenship behavior. Journal of school psychology, 6(3): 70-98. (Persian)
- Samancioglu. M, Baglibel. M, Jeanne Erwin. B. (2020). Effects of Distributed Leadership on Teachers’ Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship. Pedagogical Research, 5(2): 1-9.
- Safi. MH, Mohammadi. F, Asghar kolahi. A. (2015). The Relationship between Job Satisfaction with Burnout and Conflict Management Styles in Employees. Journal of Social Determinants of Health, 2(4):266-274. (Persian)
- Toropova. A, Myrberg. E, Johansson. S. (2020). Teacher job satisfaction: the importance of school working conditions and teacher characteristics. Educational review. DOI: 10.1080/00131911.2019.1705247. 1-28.
- Zareshahabadi. A, Torkan. R, Hidari. M. (2013). A Survey of the Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Social Happiness among High-schools Teachers of Giroft City. Journal of Applied Sociology, 23(48): 41-46. (Persian).